Friday 26 February 2016

Entry #15: Low - I Could Live in Hope



The album that got me into Low back in 2003 was 'Things We Lost in the Fire', but it was this album that struck a chord with me the most.

Now despite what hipsters and credibility seekers may assert, I don't always find the cliche about a band's first album being the best to be true.  IMO, it sometimes takes another record or two before a band truly finds its feet and substantially develops its sound, few get it right first go, and those that do typically burn out too soon.  Low certainly is certainly an exception in this case, and as much as I enjoy their discography in general, I don't think they've ever come close to bettering this.

'Hope' has been my soundtrack to long, dark nights at home in front of the computer or a good book, and it has accompanied me on nightly journeys.  To me, it's a very nocturnal album, and expresses so much with so little.  The song I've chosen to feature below is not just my favourite from the album but one of my favourite Low songs in general.  It encapsulates everything that makes this album what it is and never fails to get me right in the feels every single time.

                                                                      Low : Lullaby

No comments:

Post a Comment