Thursday 25 February 2016

Entry #12: Efterklang - Tripper


Arguably, this album wouldn't even exist were it not for Bjork's 'Vespertine', which is somewhat ironic as despite being one of my favourite albums, it does not appear anywhere in this rundown. 

That said, quite how 'Tripper' has managed to is a mystery to me.  It first came to my attention circa 2005 (or maybe 2006), a chance purchase from an Amazon recommendation.  I was immediately captivated by the moving string arrangements and glitchy electronics.  The songs were sprawling, grand (yet measured), but not particularly memorable (not immediately anyway).  Nevertheless, I fell in love with the album, it's almost as if it's reservedness made it more compelling.

If I was ever to die peacefully in a bed surrounded by loved ones, I'd definitely want this album to be the last thing I ever hear.

                                                                Efterklang : Swarming

No comments:

Post a Comment