Wednesday 24 February 2016

Entry #10: Boards of Canada - Geogaddi



Shortly after I started making my own music circa 1999-ish, an old friend introduced me to Boards of Canada by means of their 'Music Has the Right to Children' album.  I liked what I heard and bought the CD some time later, but as enjoyable as it was, 'Geogaddi', the follow up disc was the one that really impressed me the most.

I've always posited that 'Geogaddi' is a more focused album (i.e. it has none of the filler that padded out 'Children').  It's also darker, but more than that, I just think its tunes are generally better overall.

So there's no real story to this one, it's just a cracking album and one I enjoy very, very much.

                                                       Boards of Canada : Gyroscope

No comments:

Post a Comment