Sunday 21 February 2016

Entry #4: PJ Harvey - Is This Desire?



It probably goes without saying that PJ Harvey is a phenomenal artist with an impressive body of work behind her.  I can honestly say that I don't think she's ever released a bad album.

Now, an obvious choice might be 'Dry' or 'Rid of Me' (the latter of which is one of her best, IMO), but the album that has stayed with me the most is this one.

The languid melancholia of the songs and the desperate yearning in Harvey's voice really gives the album emotional weight.  This album also continues the experimental theme that begun with her previous record 'To Bring You My Love', which is something that personally appeals since I always appreciate artists who are not afraid to try new things.

There have been times in my life when this album resonated, providing the music to things I couldn't express with words, and for that reason, it will always have a special place in my heart.

                                                               PJ Harvey : The River


No comments:

Post a Comment