Saturday 20 February 2016

About this blog: An introduction

This blog is something I've been meaning to do for a long time.  As a music lover, it felt only right to put something like this together.

A few years ago, I was at a friend's party and he showed me a list of his all time favourite albums, which inspired me to attempt my own list.  However, I felt that a dry list wasn't really enough, so I decided to do this blog instead, which would give me the opportunity to write a little bit about why the albums I've chosen have stayed with me.

There's no real order or format to this; I'm just going to add entries as and when I feel like it, and perhaps you as the reader will derive some enjoyment from this whether or not my choices appeal.  My aim is to focus on albums that are personally special to me, and not my favourite albums by bands and artists that I enjoy listening to (a subtle, but important difference).  Paradoxically, this means that albums from some of my favourites won't make the cut.

As for me personally, there's not really that much to say.  I like music (obviously), listen to lots of it, and have fairly eclectic tastes.  The first music to really make an impression on me came from my childhood computer, a Commodore 64, whose sophisticated audio hardware allowed for music way beyond that of any other machines at the time.  My affinity for electronic music in particular stemmed from the music I enjoyed on this computer.  However, throughout my life, all sorts of music has appealed, and you will find a small cross section of it here.  I also make my own music, some of which I may share (though this blog isn't about my stuff, so I don't really want to make a big deal of it here).

Beyond music, my hobbies include gaming, reading (David Mitchell and Haruki Murakami being two of my favourite authors), photography and watching Anime (I just ignore the charmless teen dross that now floods the genre).  None of that really has anything to do with the contents of this blog, but it gives you a bit of background.

Now with all that out of the way, on with the show...

No comments:

Post a Comment