Monday 13 March 2017

Entry #92: Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life


Despite his music punctuating my life at various points (particularly during my childhood), I am a relative latecomer to this album, having only truly discovered it at the turn of the millennium, but what a discovery!

This is, without a doubt one of the best albums ever created.  It is what the word 'epic' was invented to describe.  It is something to be preserved in a subterranean time capsule for future civilisations and/or races to discover once humans are gone from this planet.  Something to be beamed into space for aliens to pick up.

So yes, this album completely knocked me sideways, and the range, depth and power of its 21 song suite remains almost unmatched by any artist I can think of.

The song I've chosen below is also one of my all-time favourite songs.  A euphoric, cosmic affair tinged with just the right amount of melancholy to make for a perfectly bittersweet, happysad song that gets me in the feels every time.  I just had to share it.

                                                        Stevie Wonder : Another Star

No comments:

Post a Comment