Saturday 11 March 2017

Entry #90: Conduits - Conduits


I was introduced to Conduits and in turn this album via Shazam, an app that is perfect for music lovers like myself.

One evening sometime around 2012, I was sitting in a pub with one of my best friends and a song came over the speakers that really caught my attention.  With Shazam's help, I learned the song was 'Misery Train'.  I was drawn by the haunting guitar and vocal melodies, the implied, soft menace and the bassline.  I instantly knew that I needed to hear more Conduits, and that's how I found this album.

Upon picking it up, I played it almost repeatedly well into 2013, captivated by the ghostly atmosphere, rolling percussion and beautiful melodies.  This is an album, that, in a relatively short space of time has wormed its way into my consciousness and has managed to stay with me ever since as a result.

                                                              Conduits : Misery Train

No comments:

Post a Comment