Sunday 4 December 2016

Entry #69: Grouper - A I A


For the life of me, I cannot actually remember how I discovered this album, but I'm so glad I did.  I enjoy ethereal, ambient sounds, and this album (which is actually two albums, 'Dream Loss' and 'Alien Observer') provides some of the best I've heard.

I can't quite put my finger on why I love it so much, but I do.  To me, it's the sound of swimming to the surface of black waters, guided by shimmering moonlight and Liz Harris' siren call.  It's the sounds of ghosts, or perhaps the music you hear in the tunnel of white light spoken of in near death experiences.  Either way, it's not of this earth.  With minimal, reverb-drenched guitars, keyboards and those gorgeous, gorgeous vocal harmonies, Harris paints soundscapes that entrance me every time listen.

The perfect music to fall asleep to, A I A takes me to another world.  If only I could live there.

                                                    Grouper : She Loves Me That Way

No comments:

Post a Comment