Monday 19 September 2016

Entry #59: Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy


Yet another well loved classic that needs no introduction.

I was aware of J&MC long before I got into them in earnest, be it though songs I heard on the radio as a kid or elsewhere.  Some years later, when beginning on my own journeys into creating music, someone recommended this album, owing to the penchant I had for feedback and noise which featured prominently in a lot of my early, lo-fi excursions.

There's not really much to say about this album that hasn't already been said a million times.  Throw 50s bubblegum pop, garage rock (by way of Velvet Underground's 'White Light White Heat' of course), and Phil Spector-esque production into a blender, and this is the end result. 

Simply put, Psychocandy is a masterpiece of an album and one that has definitely stayed with me ever since I first heard it.

                                                     Jesus and Mary Chain : Taste the Floor

No comments:

Post a Comment