Friday 1 April 2016

Entry #28: The Knife - Silent Shout


Somehow, this album completely flew under my radar in 2006 when it was first released.  I chanced upon it two years later and I'd be lying if I said I remember how.

'Silent Shout' is an album that grabbed me straight away: darkly atmospheric, stylish and enigmatic, it became something I played repeatedly.

In 2008 I was writing a draft for a story I one day hope to turn into a graphic novel and Silent Shout was hugely inspirational, soundtracking many a session hunched over my laptop's pale glow writing what poured out of me.  Somehow the music provided a measure of indirect influence, the songs shaping and colouring my story in a big way.  Who knows?  You may even get to read it someday, but I digress.

I can think of countless instances from 2008 to 2010 where this album was playing somewhere in the background.  It featured so heavily, weaving itself into the fabric of my daily endeavours (from the mundane to the noteworthy), that there is no way I could compile a something like this and not include it.

                                                               The Knife : Neverland

No comments:

Post a Comment